Thursday, March 3, 2011

New art delivered...

Just touching base to report that I did manage to finish and deliver several new encaustic paintings to Malone University for my upcoming exhibit. I took a couple older pieces as well, to be certain that there would be enough work to make a nice full display. It was a bit rough finishing up the last couple of paintings because I was hit with a nasty upper respiratory virus which really took a toll on me. The gallery director there is doing the installation this week and the exhibit will run from March 14 through April 27. If anyone is interested in taking a peek, it will be in the vestibule of the Everett Cattell Library located on the campus of Malone University in Canton, Ohio. I am pleased and grateful for the opportunity to do this solo exhibit. Let me know what you think if you happen to check it out...

3 comments:

Ange said...

Well done you on delivering your art :) I tried to reply by Blogger but the comment return wouldn't work. In answer to your question, I used GOLDEN liquid acrylic (I think it's called) on the material. It's really opaque and doesn't run, but is easy to apply with a brush.
Thanks for dropping by

Ange

jocelynnschneiderphoto said...

Very cool! I will check it out. A good friend of mine is a Malone alum, and her boyfriend currently attends. I'm sure that I could get her to make a trip down to Canton with me. :-)

Anonymous said...

hi helen! thanks for dropping by my blog recently and for your kind comment. :) how wonderful to be in this exhibition! can't wait to hear more about it. i hope you are feeling better...